• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer (15) is currently not licensed - what to do?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two weeks after purchasing PSE15 I get this error message.

pse15 error.PNG

Going into the Editor reveals no lisencing info that needs updating.
Googling the issues reveals some older posts from 2012, but none of the suggestions seem to fix the issue.

The setup

Other Adobe apps installed; Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Lightroom, Camera Raw

Have tried

• Signing out of my account in the Editor, signing in again.
  • Uninstalling older version of PSE, restarting pc.

Running out of options - hope there is a way of fixing this without a reinstall.

Appreciate any feedback!

Cheers,
Geir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geir,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

As per the screenshot provided by you above, what happens when you click on "Photoshop Elements Editor" ?

Ideally it would take you to the license screen sand let you enter the serial number post which Editor would launch successfully.

Please let me know in case something else happens in your case.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try creating a new user account?

Sign in to that account and then try launching Elements Organizer..

Thanks,
Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Arshla,  clicking on Photoshop Elements Editor takes me to the Editor app which launches without asking for any serial.
I did try an uninstall/reinstall,which was successful.

However, today, 16 days after encountering the error the first time, the error message popped up again. Did another reinstall, but still wondering what the cause might be.

I guess I could try Anwesha's suggestion next time as I'm afraid it will be a next time.

Best Regards,

Geir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once more, 14 days after the last incident, it happens again. Going into PSE Edior does not help, as I'm aldready logged in. Will try creating another uuser for troubleshooting, but that is not a viable solution as I aldready have CC apps connected to the original account.

2017-09-13_PSE-screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the suggestion of Anwesha, creating a new account did the trick as a workaround.
- Created a new account
- Logged out the original one in the Editor
- Logged in with the new account
- Opened PSE Organizer (trial mode), closed it
- Logged out the new account in Editor
- Logged in with the original account
- PSE Organizer started again normally

I still expect the shutdown to happen again in a forthnight, so the problem is not resolved.
Switching accounts althogehter is not an option as I have CC subscriptions also on the opriginal account.

Still looking for any insightg that can fix the root of the problem, and will keep you posted in 2 weeks when the next incident is expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Finally uninstalled PSE15 and reinstalled and it worked, for about two weeks.  Now tonight the problem is back.  I open up PSE15 and when I try to click on the organizer icon I get the message Organizer not currently licensed, launch Editor but when I do that it says loading the elements organizer workspace, then spins for a while, then I'm still in Editor with no Organizer options.  I also am running Windows 10.  I also have Lightroom and PS CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that worked for me. (I have a PSE15 license key purchased from Amazon and a creative cloud subscription. I also had old versions of PSE on the same computer earlier.) After much troubleshooting I narrowed the problem down to the SLCache folder. (For me it was located in c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache.) By moving the contents of that folder and restarting Photoshop Elements I would get another 30 days of use before the error returned.

That worked okay as a temporary fix, but to take it further I instead moved the original SLCache contents back into the folder one file at a time, until the error returned. That narrowed it down to a specific problem file. For me that file was called Vjd7fUVsZW1lbnRzT3JnYW5pemVyLTE1LVdpbi1HTXt8fUFMTA==.slc

The bit that solved it permanently was opening that .slc file with a text editor, finding the TimeStamp tags (lookup XML file format if you don't know what that looks like) and deleting the long number between the TimeStamp tags (a UNIX Timestamp).

Hope that helps, I probably tried every other solution available online, and three attempts at Adobe tech support who couldn't permanently solve it (at most they would get me another 2 weeks or so or use). A bit hard for them to know if the solution works when the problem takes weeks to come back.

Adobe license file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks russellk.  Just had same problem after transfering Elements 15 to a new PC.  Took a short cut by finding slc file that referenced 'organizer' in contents and then deleting long time number between TimeStamp tags as suggested.  Before doing this took a backup copy of the original file just in case.  Seems to have worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me 100% 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines