Sometime within the last 6 months my program has been dividng up my videos so that they look like multiple files. The time stamps are also incorrect. In fact, the time stamp of the first file displayed may be correct but all the subsequent ones that should belong to the same file are wrong.
I have managed to find a work around but it doesn't work all the time. I correct the time stamp, delete the file from Organizer and then import it again. This does seem to fix the problem on some files but not all. Also, the files that this trick doesn't work on get imported with the wrong time stamp again.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, what solution did you find to correct the time stamp permanetly and to make all the separated files appear as one as they should?
Thanks in advance,
The videos are divided into scenes when certain video analysis is performed in PRE. If you expand the scenes, you can delete the unwanted ones, leaving only the original video displayed in the Organzier. The scenes should not have different time stamps than the original. Are you seeing something diffierent?
Also, when I try to collape the video files into a group that option is grayed out.
Please post a screenshot of what you are seeing. If you have file names displayed, each scene should have the same file name.
Sorry, that should read '2-17-2012 at 2:44am'
It appears to me that the timestamps in your video are A. from the original date the video was taken and B. possibly the date when the video was edited.
I was wrong before about deleting scenes from the catalog. Only the selected scenes will be deleted and the remaining scene which was a portion of the original will remain. As far as I can tell, the only way to remove the scenes is to delete all scenes from the catalog (but not from the hard drive). And then import media from the folder. The deleted file will return without scene detection - until you perform some action in PRE that will divide the video clip into scenes.
I also seem to recall that if you create a backup of the catalog, multiple copies of the video are saved and increase the size of the backup.
I hope this clears up some of the mystery.
As for your other question, why did you find it necessary to change the extension of the .3gp file? If you change the extension to .mpg, it may play. If you need more help with that (or your original question), I suggest you post in the Premiere Elements forum.
I tried changing the extension names to see if that would correct the problem.
Good morning, Greg,
I do believe I have solved my issue; however it will be time-consuming to complete all errors. If I manually delete each connected file individually and then re-import the file, they all come back into Organizer as just one file. If the connected files have different timestamps then I correct those before I delete and in some instances I also have to correct them after I re-import. This process seems to be working well so far. What a pain in the rear though.
Thank you for your time on this.