• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2020 - Creates a new video file when trying to change file name

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on renaming all of my video files using Elements Organizer 2020.  Once I rename the file, it will create a new video with the new name in microsoft file exployer. Now I show 2 videos with 2 different names in file exployer. When I reopen Organizer, the watched folder will indicate that I have new files to import, however they are the orginal video files.  Why does organizer create a new file instead of just changing the name of my orginal file.  Which settings do I need to change to fix this?

Thanks

Dawn 

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not be happening.  How are you renaming the file?  I just tried it in the Information panel-  Name field and the file was renamed without copying it in Windows Explorer.

Snap_2022.08.26_17h46m1s_006.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to see exactly when it happens.  1) I changed the file name, don't hit enter. 2) click on tags  3) duplicate file is created.  I have attached a video to show what I am doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been able to recreate the copying of the file using your workflow.  I believe the problem occurs because you have a Windows Explorer window open while you are renaming the file in the Organizer.  Make sure that the Explorer window is not open and no copy should be made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines