Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2021 does not recognize CFexpress card

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

When I bought my Nikon D500 I also ordered Photoshop Elements 2021 for Camera Raw 13.0.

The PSE 2021 Elements Organizer-Photo Downloader recognizes the D500 photos on the SDXC memory card. With the CFexpress card, however, the Elements Organizer-Photo Downloader does not recognize the D500 nor the photos.

But Windows 10 does. On the Windows 10 File Explorer is: >Nikon D500 >DCIM >100ND500 and the photos. I can get these photos by >Elements Organizer >File >Get Photos and Videos >From Files and Folders, then to Windows 10 File Explorer >Nikon D500 >DCIM >100ND500, select photos >Get Media.

Is there a more direct way to set this up so that the Elements Organizer-Photo Downloader recognizes the D500 photos on the CFexpress card in the same way it does for the SDXC card: >Elements Organizer >File >Get Photos and Videos >From Camera or Card Reader, select photos >Get Media. Switching to an XQD card as the solution is acceptable.

As Background, the D500's firmware was already configured for CFexpress cards: firmware updates C 1.30 and LD 2.018 and I'm able to record photos to this card. (I'm using a Prograde CFexpress TypeB/SD Card Reader, Sony 128GB CFexpress Type B TOUGH Memory Card, and a Sony 128GB SF-M Tough Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card.) I have Windows 10 on a Dell desktop with Autoplay disabled.)

Comments and advice welcome.

Marion

TOPICS
Actions , Download and install , How to , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marion,

No, the Photo Downloader doesn't recognize CFexpress cards. Maybe when the price comes down and there is wider camera support for CFexpress cards that may change. Don't forget that Photoshop Elements is primarily aimed at amateur photographers, hobbyists and business users - CFexpress is definitely still "professional photographer" territory 🙂

As it is, you've already found the workaround is to transfer the images to your computer then use From File and Folders. I'm assuming that at some point you're going to want to back up your photos from the card either by transferring them to your computer or to an external hard drive, so I'm guessing this process is going to be part of your existing workflow anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phil:

Thank you for reply.

Any idea as to if/when the Photo Downloader will be updated to accept CFexpress cards? Will the Photo Downloader recognize XQD Cards having been available for a few years now?

Marion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only guess that until CFexpress starts to become the norm then adding CFexpress support to the Photo Downloader is not going to be very high on the Elements development team's priorities. However, as many "amateur photographers" are now moving up to "professional-level" cameras, I can imagine the demand for support will become stronger over time.

As for XQD... that format is pretty much dead in the water now, so I would be very surprised if support ever becomes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAving just invested in PSE2022 I am surprised that the downloader still does not recognise CFexpress cards. However it is happy enough with my XQD cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johna91201604, if I plug my Sony camera into my computer via USB cable, I can use the Adobe Photo Downloader for my CFExpress Type A card.  Are you using a card reader or your camera to transfer files from the card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg

I'm using a card reader, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it later.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg:

Thank you for the suggestion. I've used a card reader since my D200 days. Won't hurt to try direct-connecting the camera to the Desktop.

Marion (pqtrths)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines