• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2021 gets stuck on high FPS vid, pauses thumbnail and faces analysis progress

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after analysing what files the application was requesting, it became evident that my application was hanging on my high FPS videos in my catalogue. However, it would still function in the foreground partially, until it came time to close out.

Windows 10 resource monitor showed that it wasn't requesting new files, but was still reading my PCIe NVME SSD at close to 1Gb/s; but there were no files to show for it. The CPU tab shoed that handels were still present with the initial 6 items (HEIC & MOV) that it was working on, but no additional media was being processed.

Of the initial items, requested, one of them was a video captured using iPhone 12 Pro at 1080p @ 240fps on the stock camera. I moved those videos to a separate, unindexed folder, reopened Organizer, and the application was able to finish analysing faces and generating thumbnails.

hope this helps someone out there. Adobe Devs, please make note of this bug.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Organizer , Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where there updates for this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None that I know of.  When I get a chance, I will see what happens with Slo-mo video from my iPhone 11.  There is another recent thread where a user is having difficulty with all videos from an iPhone 12.  Don't know whether this is related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Evidently not fixed in the 2022 version either. I just ran across this old thread when trying to figure out why mine was hanging all the time. Sure enough every file it choked on was a high frame rate GoPro video. I'm patient to a point, but if this fall's version still has the same issue I'm done with this software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines