• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements organizer 2023 has Thumbnail issues (at least) with HEIC files

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running elements2022 and just upgraded to 2023.  Organizer in 2022 was working fine with HEIC images. I updated the catalog when installing 2023.

Organizer 2022: thumbnails were correct and there were no issues with HEIC images.

Organizer 2023: thumbnails sometimes show up correctly but change even with no user actions occurring.  Sometimes they change to black (no thumbnail?)  sometimes the thumbnail for one HEIC image will be propogated to multiple other HEIC images.  Different things seem to happen randomly each time.  If you scroll down to other images in organizer, then back up to the HEIC files it happens all over again (with different results each time).

Additionally when one clicks on a thumbnail of a HEIC file the image will sometimes be corrupt.

Importing HEIC files into 2023 has the same issue - thumbnails of images to be imported are incorrect.  There were no issues in organizer 2022.

Organizer has also crashed on several ocassions while investigating the above.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I had a version of Elements which didn' support heic and upgraded specifically so I could use heic files in it. Has there been any progrss on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again everybody. I may have a very easy partial solution. I have found that the weird behaviour of thumbnails only happens when datails is not ticked in the view menu. The thumbnails appear to be correct in the details view and stable. this makes the program workable. The weird behaviour still should not happen when not in details view and it is VERY annoying but if I am right "Hallelujah!!!" Photos in this post details view not selected and selected. In "not selected" three completely different photos that have the same thumnail due to the glitch. In "selected" the original photo circled with the correct thumbnail. 2023-01-18 (6).jpg2023-01-18 (7).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the details view with all three correct thumbnails selected.2023-01-18 (9) copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gilsworth thanks for your investigation, but I hate to burst your bubble.   I always work in Details View and have easily reproduced the problem in that view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems more stable in details view. In the other view it's like watching twinkling stars or something. Some thumbnals are steady others change from one thumbnail to another and others cycle through one thumbnail andother and black. At the moment (everything crossed) detail view seems stable and the thumbnails seem to correspond to the heic files. I hope you're wrong but you have much more experience than me so I will just shed a few silent tears of diappointment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gilsworth, if it works for you, that's all that counts!  BTW, you can toggle the Details view on and off with Ctrl+D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm as Greg indicated that there are still issues with heic thumnails in details view. It still seems more stable than the other view but it makes the organiser a bit useless. Has there been any progress that anyone knows of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe rarely updates individual Photoshop Elements releases as they release a new major version every year.  It's been months since the release of Elements 2023.  I wouldn't be surprised if they don't fix the issue and instead fix it in the next major version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that's very likely to be the case.   Poor support in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines