• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2023 Memory Leak

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a user of Photoshop Element, Premiere Elements, and Organization  2022, and now 2023.  However, I still have the same issue.  When I try to import many photos and videos into Organizer the RAM usuage keeps going up until the system crashes.  I wish I could just import 1000+ pictures/videos at one time.  Sometimes it works and others it crashes with a little as 250 short clips.

I confirmed Photoshop Elements is set to limit RAM at 70% (45GB), but Organize goes right through those limits.  I turned off Auto Creations and Facial Recognition, just to help reduce usuage.  

Any recomendations on controlling the RAM and preventing the PC from crashing?

PC:

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
AMD Radeon RX 6950 XT

Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x32GB)

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - there multiple "RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64" event ID 1001 errors logged for Elements Auto Creations. (first screenshot)

The organizer itself also crashes when exiting (second screenshot)

Good thing that Adobe is right on top of this stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Elements Organizer 2023.  Although I have 128GB RAM, it uses only around up to 8GB, then crashes every few hours.  Specifically, when maximazed on screen, then I minimize the window (press '-'), it crashes, and I have to restart.  Also, just crashes randomly.

P.S.  Elements 2018 didn't do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had this same experience for the past couple of versions. Support hasn't identified the issue. I've run more dxdiag's and logs than I can shake a stick at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines