• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer 2023 - Photo Downloader does Not show thumbnail images

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Elements 2023 the download shows the file as an unrecognizable file with its date. The photo thumnail is not present. Once downloaded and imported into the Organizer the RAW image is displayed.

This occurs with RAW image from a D750 and a D500.

This worked as expected for several years with PSE17

This was previously reported in the forum on PSE 2022

What is the solution?

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen on a memory card with just a few photos? Or does it only happen with a large number of files to import? If the latter, it may be an insufficient RAM issue.  I usually only experience this problem when importing a large number of images (and I have 64GB RAM).  I know of no solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg, appreciate the quick response!

The D500 had 136 RAW file on a 32GB XQD card. All those files were unrecognized in the downloader.

I put a clean 128GB card in the D750 and took one frame/image. It too un unrecognized in the downloaded.

Thx,

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulb74770752_0-1673664623030.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to an agent at 800 833 6687. He verified my account, told me it was a known issue, and to call back Monday as there was no Senior agent currently available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my hold time was 1hr 5minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to provide an update. On 1/13/23 opened case with Adobe. They verified the problem via a Remote Support Session. Told me to monitor their Monitor "Updates for Photoshop Elements and Camera Raw" page
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

As of todat 2/17/23 there is no update and another chat session I was told  "The Developer team is still working on it. "  " please wait"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.  But don't hold your breath.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Elements 2023, I also have that problem 21.10.23. No update available.

I suppose it is time to change supplier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose DxO is a quite attractive alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no solution but at least found a workaround for Nikon RAW (NEF) files. If you have an old verions of PSE, rsp. Organizer, installed the downloader shows the images. You have to install the old version first and then PSE 2023. This works also for Premiere Elements 2021, which installs the Organizer, too. Since you cannot install the Organizer on its own. At least I don't know how.

So I have now an installtion of PSE 2023 in combination with Premiere Elements 2021. Which is ok for me for now, since I use Premiere only very occasionally and don't bother about the latest version.

I did not bother to figure out what part of the organizer must stay on the system, to solve the problem. May be some on else has the time to do. I'm happy to have found this solution, which wastes "only" 2 GB on my HDD for the old organizer version as patch.

If the problem was already present in PSE 2022 it demonstrates how careless Adobe is about the Elements product. Even if not, we are now 6 month after launch of PSE 2023. Nikon is not a rare camera out there, so there must be quite a number of people with the problem. The workaround above indicates that the issue must be quite simple to resolve. I guess there is a file or parameter missing.

May be its time to depart for a non Adobe product. I would have done now w/o this workaround and will with the next update, if the issue is not resolved by then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@heimoe4497202, I'm not exactly sure what your workaround is.  However, please note that each version of Elements has its own Organizer with its own catalog.  So, you cannot keep the catalogs in synch automatically unless you are using Watch Folders in each.  If the goal is simply to use the Adobe Photo Downloader to import selected files from your camera or card reader, then your workflow will be OK.  But you still have to import the files from your earlier version import to the later version catalog.  And you cannot send files from the Elements 2021 catalog to a version 2023 editor automatically.  However, you can do so via click and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround is to keep the Organizer of the 2021 version installed while working with the Organizer and PSE 2023. By having the Organizer 2021 still intalled the Organizer 2023 display also the thumbnails of NEF-Files in the downloader and avoids the behaviour as shown above with the blue symbols instead. (N.B. the issues does not exist with Sony RAW files, ARW.)

Of course, I converted the database from 2021 to 2023 and only work with the new one. But for me it is essential to see the images to correctly separate and name them when downloading it from the SD card.

To keep the Organizer 2021 installed I kept Premiere Elements 2021 instead of upgrading to 2023 (I normally buy the bundle, because of the little price difference). As said this works for me since I use Premiere rarely. Others, who don't have Premiere, may keep PSE 2021 instead to get the workaround.

My system is a W10 2H22, if of any interest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

N.B. It was just by instinct to try this apporach. It took me about two days to work it out. I have no idea why it works but as said in my first post there must be a common element between the two versions, which is part of the installation. And this element is erroneouly missing with Organizer 2023 and desinstalled when 2021 is removed. Otherwise the workaroung wouldn't work.

If someone would work out what it is it could saved and manually added after the 2023 installation. But I have spend enough time on this for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will there be any fix for this problem. I installed the latest version of PSE 2023 an Nikon RAW files still have no preview in  the downloader of the Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know if this was fix in PSE 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed 2024 and it is still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@paulb74770752:  This is a random problem that has not been fixed in Elements 2024. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean with random? For me this is a persistent problem. I never had NEF-files being displayed in the download dialog. I really wonder why it takes more than 12 month to fix this, if it is not ignorance of the PSE customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines