• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer Hangs when Initalizing MediaCore

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Elements a month ago along with a new notebook. I did not have opportunity to use the application until this weekend.  PhotoShop portion of Elements seems to function correctly, but I had an odd experience with Elements Organizer.  The first time I ran it, I want to apply an adjustment to some folders in a newly created folder on my desktop, and add them to my image catalog.

What happened was a complete system search for photos, across my network and OneDrive folders.  The following day, I attempted to open Organizer and the application freezes while it attempts to Initializing MediaCore Components.  After researching this issue on-line, I was left disappointed with the number of No Resolution messages on the various posts that sound similar to my issue.  I have tried to run the application as the Administrator, I have re-installed QuickTime, I have reinstalled the whole application – all yielded the same results.

On one hand, I wish I had waited a month to purchase this software since 2019 is now available vs. the $79. a upgrade will cost me.... but perhaps 2019 has the same issues?

Any help on this would be appreciated, thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Please try to troubleshoot by following: Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software

Regarding the below point, it happens only if all the mentioned folders are checked as Watch Folder. Check the settings for this under File menu

jamesm92541370  wrote

What happened was a complete system search for photos, across my network and OneDrive folders. 

Also, anytime you can try the Trial of 2019 before you purchase the software.

Let us know if this solves your problem.

Regards,
Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the relevant suggestions above…. unfortunately, the on-line help page you directed me to is not specific to my issue, horrifically long and the recommendations did not resolve the problem, Elements Organizer still freezes on the load page when initializing the MediaCore files.  

I also tried to check the settings for “Watched Folder” under the "file menu", per your other instruction – but I did not see that option in PhotoShop Element’s File menu, nor did I see it in Microsoft’s File Explorer’s menu and of course, I can’t get into Organizer, which wont load, to see if that was what you were referencing – so I could use a little more guidance on that one as well.

Regarding downloading the 2019 trial version – why would I do that?  The first time I used my new copy of 2018 version, on my new computer, it freezes, and I have already waisted an evening troubleshooting your application per your instructions above.  It should not be lost on anyone, I just purchased this program!   Sending customers to unqualified lists of things to do is not troubleshooting or a great customer experience in my opinion.  When I was making the decision between purchasing Elements or your competitor’s product – the tie breaker was the Organizer application.  (At least for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same issue with loading MediaCore components. The application hangs and I have tried stopping the application in Task Manager and restarting the program - same result.

The app has worked before and the only changes in the system are regular Win 10 updates.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having the same issue. I've used Adobe Elements Organizer 2018 in the past. It's been quite a few months since I tried to use it.  Now, it sits at the "Initializing MediaCore Components..." splash screen, and never gets past that. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines