• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer tree shows incorrect information

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with the tree in Organizer 2020 showing old folders, grey-out folders, deleted folders, and it's missing new folders.  I want it to refresh to show the actual contents of the Desktop folder, but it's showing an old depiction of what was once there.  How do I refresh the tree in Organizer to match the file structure of my Windows 10 hard drive? 

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not expect the tree view in the organizer to match the one in the explorer.

It is built and automatically checked to show a tree view of all the files registered in the catalog.

- Any folder not having a photo file registered or a subfolder with registered files will not be displayed. You can tell the organizer to show all subfolders including empty ones under a given folder, but that's  all. No way to force the organizer to show all explorer subfolders including empty ones.

- Folders with photo files not yet registered won't show. You may have to import again from those folders to refresh your catalog.

- If such folders contain duplicates in other folders, they won't show either. The organizer protects you against importing duplicates.

- Subfolders missing files previously registered in the catalog will show (dimmed) if the files are no longer there. You would have to search for missing files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines