• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements requesting to control my computer

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As part of installing Elements, I was asked to allow Elements Editor access to control my computer.  Why is Elements asking for control of my computer?  I am not happy to give this permission, but would like to know why it needs to do this and what the benefits (if any) are of allowing it to do so.

Thanks for your input.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean the yellow/blue shield or the question about admin privileges during the installation phase?

It does that because otherwise the installer wouldn't have access to your 'program files' folder so it wouldn't be able to actually install the software.

However those extra privileges only lasts for the duration of the installation process, once that has been completed things are back to normal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, ShelLuser.  Unfortunately, I mean neither of the options you mention - I think.  The install was on a Mac and the request was within the accessibility section of the privacy and security area of system preferences.

From what I understand, if I were to allow Elements to control my computer from this, it would be until I cancel the permission.  Without understanding this fully, I am reluctant to give that permission.

Any further help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same question but can't find the answer anywhere online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines