• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements vs Photoshop advice please

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wonder if anyone can advise me please. I am trying to learn how to make repeat patterns for textiles from photographed handpainted designs. I struggle with photoshop because it's so complicated and I am fairly new to it. I have had more success using Elements for editing photos - which I currently have on free trial. However, I cant figure out on either program, how to make repeat patterns from photos. I dont have a lot of time left on the free trial or time to dedicate to experimenting before it runs out. Can anyone advise me whether it is possible to do this on Elements please - if so, I will buy it and figure it out later. If not, I will have to stick with Photoshop and continue to be overwhelmed by it I suppose. Many thanks if anyone can help.

Hannah

TOPICS
Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Elements,

I just did a quick try:

- select a photo of a a set of candles

- crop it to square and 500 pixels wide

- menu Edit >> define pattern

- save the pattern name

- open a new A4 canvas at 300 ppi

- menu Edit >> Fill layer

- select pattern

- ok

pattern-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Michel, that's really useful and looks promising. Staying with your candle theme, I am looking for a feature or a way that will allow me to make that candle picture into an image that will join with all the adjoining ones, without a noticable edge - thus creating an allover pattern which flows across - if that makes sense? Im probably not explaining this very well! Please let me know if this makes sense! 

Many thanks - Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's this kind of thing I'm looking to do - does Elements offer a way of doing this?

Thanks - Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines