• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements will not recognize my Nvidia Quadro 3000 GPU

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a Microsoft Surface Book 3 with the Nvidia Quadro 3000 GPU option and Photoshop/Premier Elements will not see nor recognize the Quadro GPU. Full CC photoshop of course does see it.

Any thoughts? Had hoped the new update would fix this as I reported it to Adobe tech support in the past.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling the integrated graphics card in Device Manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not going to disable the integrated GPU because the Surface Book 3 has the integrated GPU in the tablet section and if I undock I will have no GPU. The Full CC Photoshop has no issues with almost the same exact looking preferences in seeing both GPU's and allowing me to choose. Not understanding why this functionality is missing from Elements? I believe it's a problem, error or mistake on Adobe's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomaras,

Try this:

How to make the nVidia graphics processor the default graphics adapter using the NVIDIA Control Pane.... I have an ASUS laptop and this is how I made it use the nVidia graphics adapter as default.

2021-08-25 06_29_02-NVIDIA Control Panel.png

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already done the same. Photoshop recognizes it, Photoshop Elements does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already done the same. Photoshop recognizes it, Photoshop Elements does not.

By @tomaras

I think that your GPU is perfectly recognized but it's used much more intensively in Photoshop than in Elements.

A personal example: if I compare the crop tool in the PSE2021 ACR module with the one on Photoshop, there is a huge performance difference. The PSE crop version is nearly unuseable on a 'normal' hardware config, the Photoshop version works smooth even with a low spec GPU on the same computer.

As a whole, only a small bunch of features of PSE do use the GPU, which is easy to check in the task bar. I don't use Premiere Elements which I expect to use the GPU more intensively.

The simple truth is that for normal image editing and management, a GPU does not help much, not only for PSE. That why I have always advised to choose your hardware config for PSE with a lot of RAM and not to waste money on high end GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you ever find a fix for this?  I have the exact problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines