• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements With Mac Monterrey

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gave up on getting Elements to work with the new Mac OS.  Instead went full-boat Photoshop for about $10.00/month.  It works great and is very much like Elements.  Different from the old days when full Photoshop was fairly expensive as a one-time purchase. The monthly charge brings it in line with Elements.  My conclusion is Adobe moving users away from Elements and to full Photoshop.  Why it doesn't just discontinue Elements is a mystery.   

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect that they simply want to "milk it" for another year or two---many in the demographic that uses it, alot,  are just warm and fuzzy with paying for something just once, even having it on a dvd is "safer" because "it's their software that they paid good money for".  Software distributed on DVD and a One time purchase is a dead business model.

PSE could easilly become fully online in the near future- I think it's inevitable- (I'm guessing two, maybe 3 years at the most) also think it's inevitable that it will become  a subscription only business model.

Simply no comparison between PSE and the full version photoshop-  the benefits of  paying $10.84 a month is well worth the subscription price--- Updates itself too.   100% compatiblity with templates- no workarounds needed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines