Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eliminating Text in Photoshop Elements 2022

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary2892986297w2_0-1679064209524.png

Above is a screen shot of a photo I'm trying to remove text from. Originally I selected the Text Icon, drew a text box and entered text. Then saved photo. Presently, I require a copy of this photo unsigned. I made a copy of the original and have made several attempts to remove text. Nothing, I have tried seems to work. Using the AutoSelection tool, I have gotten the text to highlight, but still unable to edit or remove. Some of the answers I've seen in Help seem to be for a different version of Photoshop. Using a Windows PC.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Expert mode and see if there is a Text layer.

Gary2892png.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . .  If you don't have the original with a text layer as suggested by Jeff, you can select the text and use the Edit>Fill layer and choose Content Aware in the dialog:

Snap_2023.03.17_15h49m15s_004.png

Here, I used the Magic Wand tool to select the text (with a very low tolerance) and the Contiguous box checked because of the nature of your screenshot.  This will require you to add each non-contguous portion of your text to the selection.

Snap_2023.03.17_15h53m11s_005.png

(But I suspect you will find the text layer to remove if you go to Expert mode, as suggested.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines