• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

eliptical tool

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an older version of Photoshop and with no problem I could use the eliptical tool and then delete the background around it.  I have tried with

version 11 for the last two years with no success.  Before I give up, please help me if you can.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

You say you used an older version of Photoshop and you are now trying to do the same thing with Elements version 11 (which is 9 years old itself).  There should be no difference in how the eliptical tool works in any version of Photoshop or Elements.  What exactly is the problem?

As I understand what you are trying to do:

1. Use the eliptical tool to draw a selection on your image.  This selects the area you want to keep.
  2. Invert the selection, so the unwanted background is selected.  You can d

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you used an older version of Photoshop and you are now trying to do the same thing with Elements version 11 (which is 9 years old itself).  There should be no difference in how the eliptical tool works in any version of Photoshop or Elements.  What exactly is the problem?

As I understand what you are trying to do:

1. Use the eliptical tool to draw a selection on your image.  This selects the area you want to keep.
  2. Invert the selection, so the unwanted background is selected.  You can do this by either choosing the Select>Inverse menu item, or using the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+I.
  3. Press Delete.  You will end up with your selected oval.

Eliptical-cutout.gif

If this doesn't resolve your issue, we need more information from you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY QUESTION.  WHEN I DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

THE BACKGROUND AROUND THE OVAL TURNS BLACK OR WHATEVER COLOR IS IN MY BACKGROUNDSQUARE.

I AM USING ELEMENTS 11.  I DON'T REMEMBER THE VERSION I USED BEFORE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines