• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Email setup client setup not working

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying -- and mostly failing -- to utilize Elements Organizer, and in playing with the preferences I ended up on the Email page and tried to configure an email client. First, it refuses to accept GSuite/Workspace accounts as Gmail accounts, which is annoying in and of itself, but then that failed configuration is stuck as a email profile and there's no way to delete it. Or is there? Please let me know!

Then I tried a regular gmail account, and Google blocked it as an unknown and "less secure app." That's concerning. Why is Adobe using "less secure" technology that Google wants to block? Unless this is a secret fight between the two companies that we're suffering, this makes me concerned about how secure the entire Elements package is.

TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google doesn't allow any third-party application to log in directly into your Google account using your username and password anymore. This policy was implemented by Google after the code for this specific part of the Elements Organizer was written. It has nothing to do with how secure Adobe Photoshop Elements is, but how Google has tightened up the security of your Google account.

For a great explanation about why Adobe implemented this policy and what you can do to allow the Elements Organizer to access your Google account, please read this article:

How to Allow Less Secure Apps to Sign in with Google Account

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google makes it unnecessarily difficult and confusing to set up a third party email application.   In additions to Phil's link, take a look at my posts in this thread to see if they help.   There is another user's helpful post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines