Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

emailing photos from PSE2021

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In PSE2021, the share panel only proposes Twitter and Flickr. Shouldn'it propose more options, including email ?

How can I get the other options ?

Many thanks,

Patrick

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Use the share menu in the organizer;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the share menu in the organizer;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Michel,

Thanks for your reply. Is this a workaround or is it normal that I don’t have the options in PSE?

I have tried with Organizer, however the import of contacts from Outlook does not work.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing is normally managed by assets management tools like the organizer. It's a strange idea to expect the editor part of the combo editor/organizer to do that job.

By the way, if you want to be safe on the Internet, don't ask different applications to 'speak together' if you have a better solution. That is the best way to be attacked by all sorts of malwares. In the case of mail, all mailing solutions are able to send photo files on your computer as attachements or embedded in your text. They are more flexible, powerful and safe than communication from PSE. With PSE, simply save or export your files to your desktop or a temporary folder. No problem with your usual contact book.

I no longer count the number of my correspondents who have been stolen their contact book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, will do. My idea about using PSE to share photos is because there is a "share" menu and I read in the documentation that "email" is a proposed option. Also that this option would convert PSD into JPG, which is an interesting feature.

But I understand from you guys that it is not a good idea.

Thanks to all for your answers.

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my PSE2021, I connected the Organizer:Share:email to my gmail account.  It was a bit of work to get the dual authentication required for security purposes.  But that setup works great for what I use it for...just a few folks I send to; 6 or 7 at the moment.  True, my gmail contact list with 100+ people doesn't convert for me - at least I haven't spent the 100 hours necessary to discover a workaround.  I never send anything to 99% of them anyway.  I've never had a security issue with using email via PSE in this manner.  Doesn't mean I never will, and if I do, pffft, I get to chat with my 7 closest email buddies about the event.  But this does save a few steps of saving my images to some location on my computer and then attaching them to my email app.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the bigger downside of using the Organizer to email the photos is the overly prominent link to an Adobe website that promotes PSE.  Your recipient may mistaken open it in lieu of or in addition to the photo and consider it a spam document.

________________________________________________________________________________________ Fuji HS50EXR, Samsung S9+. Nikon Coolpix P950. Just transitioned from PSE and PE 9 to 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thanks for your inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines