• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty album

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PSE, I have an album that is empty. Is there a simple way to find out which pictures should have been in it?

Rik

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An album is just a list of files referenced in your catalog. It does not contain any file, only links to the files you have added to the list. If it is empty, that's because you have not added any link. So you can add links to the album or delete the album altogether. Deleting the list does not delete any file, just like when you delete a playlist for audio files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand that an album is a collection of links. It's also clear that without links, an album is empty. However, this specific album has existed in the past and featured a number of pictures. Now, for some reason, it's empty. I was hoping that the album file would still contain a number of possibly erroneous links (i.e. paths and file names). And that I might be able to reconstitute the album on the basis of this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images don't disappear from Albums without a reason. Did you import old files into a new catalog thinking the Album information would transfer over?  It doesn't.  The Album information is contained within the database files and does not appear in the file's metadata.

Do you have a backup of your catalog that you could use to find the populated Album?  If so, you could:

• Place keyword tags on the Album files,
  • Save the metadata to the files (Ctrl+W)
  • Export those files as new using the File>Export as New File(s) menu or Ctrl+E,
  • Import the new files into your catalog with the empty album and accept the option to import keyword tags. The files with the Album keyword tags will appear in the Tags Panel hierarchy under Imported Keyword tags.
  • Apply the Album tag to the imported files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much! I'll have a look at my backup and see whether that helps. Once more: thyanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines