Copy link to clipboard
How can I make an empty or transparant rectangle/circle in PSE?
I want something like this
The draw tool only gives me a filled object.
1, Open the picture file
2. Set your foreground color chip to the color that you have in mind for the rectangular outline
3. Activate the Rectangular Marquee tool and drag the outline to embrace the head & ncck
4. Open a blank layer above the Background layer. This will be Layer 1
5. Go to Edit>stroke(outline) selection. In the dialog that opens, place the stroke inside. Try stroke width 4 px. You may have to adjust this
6. If the outline is not positioned prefectly, use the move tool
6. If the outline is not positioned prefectly, use the move tool to reposition it
7. Press CTRL+D to get rid of the "marching ants"
The suggestion by hatstead gives you the most control- adding a stroke, then adjusting the size of the stroke. I'm kinda lazy though: I often use custom shapes for this. One thing about custom shapes:You can't control their thickness like you do with strokes.