• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epson Print Banding Problem On Mac

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Mac desk top computer macOS Mojave 10.14.5 with an Epson Stylus Photo RX500 printer which has always given perfect results when printing photos or images edited with PSE 11 but, it might be a coincidence, since updating to Mojave my prints show horizontal banding. I have been in touch with Epson who have persevered with help and discovered that if I use their Easy Photo Print software, I can still get a perfect print. They reckon that the Epson software downloaded with updates from App Store is up to date and they suggest that the problem is with the PSE11 software.

Can anyone offer a solution please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spif45,

That isn't a great user experience as PSE 11 is not printing correctly, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Most likely, this is a Color Management or printer driver related issue. Do you have Photoshop Elements current set to control Color Management, or the Printer? If Elements is handling the Color Management, are you using the correct profile for this printer and the paper type you are using? Also, update the printer drivers from the manufacturer's website.

To check your color management settings, in the Elements print dialog, click the "More Options" button down at the bottom. Then choose "Color Management" from the list of options on the left.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Akash

I have tried both settings letting Elements handle Colour Management and letting the printer handle Colour management. The results ar the same.

I am definatly using the correct profile for the printer and the correct paper shown in the settings. The printer driver is up to date.

I have been through all the settings with Epson who can find no fault in the settings and suggested I contact you as it might be a fault with the way Elements was working.

As a final test, they asked me to print an image using their Easy Photo Print software. This gave a perfect print with no banding.

Regards

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest that you reset preferences to default. It may, or, may not fix it. Nothing to lose.

Go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Made no difference. Any other ideas? I really don’t want to abandon Elements but it is important to me to get good prints

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spif45  wrote

No. Made no difference. Any other ideas? I really don’t want to abandon Elements but it is important to me to get good prints

ok

Perhaps you can borrow a printer, preferably different make, and print via same as an experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good idea. I will try that. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a follow-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Hatstead. Tried a different printer. Problem still the same so decided to abandon the RX500 and bought an Epson Expression Premium XP-6105. All setup and raring to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines