• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error:16

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I got an error:16.  What do I need to do to get my elements to work?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Linda A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem for several days now.  Seems to come and go.  Chatted twice, reinstalled twice.  Same problem.  Frustrating!

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the Adobe Application Manger seemed to help.

Thank you.

Linda Anderson

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:16 PM, Anwesha Dev Chaudhary <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a shot.  But it seems we've done this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 on Mac, OS Version 10.11.6 - problem occurs from time to time for no particular reason. Updating Application Manager did NOT help. Only way to get the application running again is to uninstall AND to delete all related files. Then install again. Pretty annoying and time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading the application manager from his link and running it did fix it for me, but I do understand the annoyance and frustration that updating adobe made this error come out in the first place.. there should be a page dedicated strictly for each error so it could be simple for users to go and say ok I am having error 16, ok lets see here error 16 solutions posted, and it lists all solutions that adobe themselves know work, and the users could go one by one trying them until it fixes the issue.. I've seen this error 16 in so many forums and online searches that it is obviously a bug on adobes part and the devs did not fix it on newer versions of the application manager, etc.. so again, why not make a simple error+solutions page with all combined solutions to this error directly from the adobe devs and support and not hodgepodge of other users saying stuff like oh its permissions so run chmod -R 777 on the library support adobe folder.. (seen this solution in another forum post and other pages).. anyway.. those are my two cents in this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Application Manager links don't work.

I'm having the same problem with Photoshop Elements 15. After installation, it works for a while, and then it won't open (Error 16 in the message box). Then I uninstall and reinstall, and again it works for while, but eventually I get the Error 15 message again. I have confirmed that the PCD and SLStore folders have the Full Control permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines