Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Error importing from iPhone 12 15.4 ios version

Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to import my photos and videos from my iPhone and after 15 seconds I get the following error.

The phone is connected via usb and fully charged.

Any help is appreciated to resolve this problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem that has been around for a couple of years.  As far as I am concerned, it is an Apple bug, because I have received the same message when trying to import files using other software such as the Win 10 Photos App.

My suggestion is that you change your iPhone settings.  Go to Settings>Photos on your phone.  The last item is Transfer to Mac or PC. Make sure it is set to Automatic.  This will convert your HEIC files to jpegs when they are transferred to your computer. 

Please let us know if this works for you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, the setting is already on Automatic unfortunately.

You are right though, I tried copying with file explorer and the windows 10 photo app and times out as well.

I will try to import by month and see if I can at least get the photos onto the pc, and then I will try and import into Elements. 

I believe you are right that this is something Apple messed with since for years I had no issues.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Elements are you using?  If you have Elements 2022, click on the browse folder button in the Adobe Photo Downloader, and what do you see?  Do you have two DCIM folders as shown in the following screenshot?

Snap_2022.05.09_09h15m28s_000.png

If you do, expand them both and see if you have a duplicate folder structure.  If so, uncheck one of the folders and try importing again.  For some unknown reason, my phone has the structure shown, but if I examine the phone in Windows File Explorer, only one folder hiearchy is available.  While I can't pinpoint this peculiarity to fixing the issue on my machine, it is at least a possibility for you to explore.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for  the tip. I looked and just like yours there are 2 folders. Still times out at some point in the transfer, no matter which I choose. At this point I think I will copy folder by folder until I copy all of them to PC then do a complete reset of Iphone and see if it solves the issue. Frustrating for sure but definetely something Apple likely introduced at some point.

Thanks for the advice.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines