• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ERROR MESSAGE

New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of cleanig off an old external hard drive. Moving mostly photos to this new drive.  I am getting this message on both drives when i try to open a photo,.  "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document"  Or "Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document".

I do not understand either of these messages.  How do I open these.  They are saved as .psd, jpg.psd, or raw.psd.

I cannot add any of them below as they exceed the maximum size.

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But these are edited jpg or cr2 that I used .psd when I saved them. They were created on PS Elements which is what I use to edit all my photos. I was taught to do this.   I am able to open other photos that I saved with it. Strange that there are only a few that I am unable to open.

Should I just with the copies on my external HD and remove the psd and type in jpg?  Will this open them?

I am now worrying that I may find many others also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should I just with the copies on my external HD and remove the psd and type in jpg?  Will this open them?

By @AZSinbad

It does no harm to try.  Make a copy of the file first and try changing the extension of the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just typing the file extension in the name doesn't make it that type of file.  Use SAVE AS and choose from the pull down menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines