• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error: the adobe help application could not load a URL because there is no internet connection

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Photoshop elements 2018 (version 16) using windows 10 and bought from the Windowsapp store. We already had to fix a give an integer between 8 and 50 problem with a registry hack. Now this ...

Can't use any of the online support functions because of this error: the adobe help application could not load a URL because there is no internet connection.

But there is a connection. That has been carefully checked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check to see if your firewall or antivirus is blocking it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I only use the Windows 10 Defender for a firewall and anti-virus system. Unfortunately with it turned off the problem is still there with the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Adobe Claire Heaven in response to email and the queries therein:

Thanks for the reply. The language used is English. It is a for Windows (10) application. See below for screenshot of the system info which I assume contains the serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eddie,

eddiehs  wrote

To Adobe Claire Heaven in response to email and the queries therein:

Are you sure the email you got is from an Adobe employee? Beware of phishing.

NEVER give the serial number anyway. It's never available either in the System Info dialog, only when you sign in to your Adobe account.

Two partial answers:

The message about no Internet connection is generally triggered by either the antivirus or by a false inscription of an Adobe site link in your 'Host' files. Sorry, I don't know the details, but that should help other users to help you to remove those false entries.

The screenshot shows that the registry edit (not a 'hack', it's a legit new entry) is not correct. It shows you have 4 GB of physical RAM, and your edit is 8 GB (you entered 8 000 MB). That may have no importance and I don't think it is related at all with your present permission issue.

If you get an answer from Adobe staff, there should be a clear 'Staff' badge on the poster icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel

Thanks for the heads up on the possible phishing. Fortunately I haven't given away anything "vital" yet (I hope!).

I'm a non-techie so will talk to the person who did the registry "edit' 🙂 for me to see if we can change that. I am having other issues with PSE 2018 (16) not being happy with nef files from a Nikon D3400 while being happy with Nikon D80 nef files.

BTW It's not the anti-virus because I turned that off and still got the same error message.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It's much appreciated. I'm feeling a little lost with this stuff right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michel,

The problem that's the subject of this thread is still there BUt you fixed a different problem for me. After changing the registry edit to 4 gb from the wrong 8 gb that was in there a different hassle with my D3400 nef files has now disappeared. A side benefit.

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, finally found out the cause of Elements Help Menu not rcognising any internet connection! I spotted a program in the Windows Start Menu called Adobe Help which was installed along with Adobe Web Premium CS5.5 years ago. 

If you find you also have this program you could launch it, then click Edit/Preferences/General Settings and find the heading "Display Local Help content only:" and change it from YES to NO.  After doing this, Elements help menu works fine and so does Acrobat Reader's Help link.
The several Adobe Support I communicated with, didn't seem to know this, but I have now let them know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines