• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

EVERY single photo is downloaded TWICE...

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to 2022 every single photo that I download direct from my camera downloads TWICE... One with the IMG number as in the camera, but then a second with the same number and then a  -1
Here is an example.... IMG_4033JPG, then exactlty the same file but looking like this.. IMG_4033-1JPG!
If I transfer to my Canon editt site on my PC, it only downloads the ONE file every time.
I spoke to Adobe a few weeks back and the lady said it was a problem within Elements 2022 and lots of people had reported it, and it was to be SORTED.... well it sure has not been yet! I just took 600 pics at the zoo... but now have 1,200 on my PC
Has anyone else found this to be happening? 

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a single post in this forum for this precise issue. Only a few for downloads directly from iPhones.

I have absolutely no problem importing from Canon files: I use a card reader, which has only advantages:

- affordable

- small

- works with all kinds of cards, SD, Sony, Compact flash...

- and much faster than download from most cameras.

For smartphones (Android), I can't remove cards easily, so I take care not to select everything on the phone (a number of files are duplicated on the phone and the card), I only select in the DCIM folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you click on the Select Folder icon next to the listed device in the APD, do you have two DCIM folder structures listed?  I have only seen this for my iPhone, but I am aware of another user who has had this problem with a memory card from a Nikon.  The solution is to uncheck one of the DCIM folder structures in the APD.

Snap_2021.11.08_1h2m45s_004.png

As for removing the duplicate files, you  can do a file search (Shift+Ctrl+K) for -1.   If you Sort By Import Batch, this will bring up all of the duplicate files in your recent import.  You can then select and delete them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines