• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I export the descriptions with the associated pictures?

I use PE 2020

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which descriptions are you talking about?  And where do you wish to use your exported photos?

Most information that you enter in Elements can become part of the photo file's metadata.  If you select a file in the Organizer and press Ctrl+W, the metadata will be saved to the file.  But that doesn't mean that the metadata will be easily seen when viewing the file in other software.  There is no standardization as to which fields are displayed in different programs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to export the photos from the Organizer and include the text I´ve written below each photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the picture file
  2. Go to Image>resize.>Canvas size.
  3. In the dialog that opens, if your image is in portrait mode, press 125% for height (as a trial). Left click on the anchor point in the 12 o'clock position, and ok it.
  4. Type the information in the space provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, writing the metadata to the file will copy any captions you have written in the Organizer.  But what are you going to do with the exported file?  You will need a program that is able to read the data.  I don't think it will show up in Windows File Explorer, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I was hoping I could copy the photos to a USB-stick and show them on a TV-set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Plug in your  USB stick
  2. Open Windows explorer
  3. On your C drive, copy the picture(s)
  4. Navigate to the drive with the USB stick, and paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rolf5C84, I seriously doubt whether copying the files to a USB stick and playing the photos from a USB port on your TV will display the metadata captions that are entered in the Organizer.  Please let us know if I am wrong and what brand of TV and TV Application you are using.

Elements does not even display the metadata caption when using the Organizer's Slideshow feature.  However, you can add captions to the slideshow by checking the box in the Media tab of the Slideshow editor and entering the text manually.  The text will then display in the video file that you can export (and play on your TV via a USB stick).  The display will vary depending on what Theme you use in the Slideshow.

Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, October 18, 2023_11h31m55s_multi.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines