• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting edited photos in Elements

New Here ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spent an hour on with Tech support who cannot tell me how to get my edited photos out of Elements.  He keeps giving me links to Lightroom.  Anyway, I edited and starred photos in the editor expecting to be able to sort by star and export as a batch.  But the stars do not carry over to the Organizer screen from the Editing screen.  I just need to filter the starred photos.  Please someone tell me how to do this without individually saving each picture because that would be ludicrous. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try File > Process Multiple files > click the dropdown to the right of Process Files From, choose Opened Files, choose your options and click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2022 May 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteAnyway, I edited and starred photos in the editor expecting to be able to sort by star and export as a batch.  But the stars do not carry over to the Organizer screen from the Editing screen.  I just need to filter the starred photos.  Please someone tell me how to do this without individually saving each picture because that would be ludicrous. 

By @Alexander24641164qipg

What does not make sense is to expect that the organizer be aware of your edits (pixels or metadata) so long as they have not been written to the files themselves on your disk. What you edit in the editor is only managed in memory before you choose to save, save as or export as new files. I suspect you are wanting to edit pixels and/or metadata in multiple opened files in the editor and want to save all in a single batch operation, after which everything is accessible to the organizer.

The big trap here is that Adobe and most other editors don't allow overwriting edited files without your explicit consent. Just select a number of open edited files in your photo bin and try to 'save' them in a single batch. You'll be ask to confirm for each file. That's why the 'process multiple files' from opened file is the solution to your need: it provides the ability to ensure if 'overwriting' is your choice.

Also, you might consider separating the analysis of your shooting session into first culling and rating in the organizer, then in the editing stage, where you can 'save as' freely individually. You can also batch edit in the 'Quick' mode or from the ACR (Camera Raw) plugin interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines