• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fading an effect or filter

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm new to elements.  I've used Photoshop regularly in the past.  Is there any way in PE 2020 to fade the effect of a filter or ajustment as there used to be in Photoshop?  There used to be a fade command under the edit menu in PS.

TOPICS
Actions , Creative , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to create a vignette?

There are many options via a Gradient adjustment layer.

One can reduce the layer opacity to "fade" something. 

Please be more specific as to what you wish to do. It would help if you post a representative sample for us to look at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fade" option in Photoshop is not natively available in Elements.

As indicated by hatstead, PSE users generally achieve the same effect by creating a 'merged' layer (shift + Ctl + Alt E) over the stack and playing with the opacity.

For old PS users migrating to Elements, I recommend the very affordable add-on Elements+ which has many scripts to recover 'hidden' features of the full Photoshop, including the script 'fade'

https://elementsplus.net/help/en/fade.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop, when you used an effect or an artistic filter such as paint daubs or neon glow, there was a fade action in the edit menu that let you toggle the intensity of the effect  between 100% and  0% so that you could quickly preview different levels of the affect or action .  I had read that using layers might be the most similar way to do the same thing with this program.  I'm still new to Elements, so I thought I'd inquire in case I was missing something.  Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer can be adjusted as to opacity and blending mode.

Invariably, I duplicate the background layer and make the changes to the background copy layer. Then, I can toggle off/on between the two layers to visualize "before and after."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Fade
or
cmd + shift + f 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Edit > Fade
or
cmd + shift + f 

By @Diego2477264582ge

Diego,

That is available only in the full Photoshop, not in Elements:  scroll down to my previous answer in that old discussion. Either do what @hatstead suggests or consider installing the very affordable plugin Elements+ as I suggestesd.

(I see from your forum history that you have the full Photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines