Exit

Failure to convert PSE 18 Catalog to PSE 2022

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversion failed wth the following error in 

'pse-conversion-log_My Catalog PSE 11.txt'

'An error was encountered in the sqlite database: UNIQUE constraint failed: db_change_timestamp_table.change_id
conversion log: Conversion Failed'

I tried opening the catalog file in DB Browser for SQLite. Looking at the db_change_timestamp_table, there are no duplicate change_ids, so I'm not sure why this error would be happening.

TOPICS
Download and install , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Conversion failed wth the following error in 

'pse-conversion-log_My Catalog PSE 11.txt'

'An error was encountered in the sqlite database: UNIQUE constraint failed: db_change_timestamp_table.change_id
conversion log: Conversion Failed'

I tried opening the catalog file in DB Browser for SQLite. Looking at the db_change_timestamp_table, there are no duplicate change_ids, so I'm not sure why this error would be happening.

By @patrickl27083915

Same error message here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/fehler-bei-konvertierung-von-13-nach-2...

In that case, there was indeed a duplicate time stam in the database and the poster was able to remove it.

It might help if you could find the error jin the logs of the organizer as was reported by the other poster.

Also, a screenshot of the table like what I did would conferm the absence of duplicates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the following statement

select *, count(*) duplicates
from db_change_timestamp_table
group by change_id
having duplicates > 1

There are no duplicate change_id records.

If you're talking about duplicate change_timestamp_table records with different change_ids, then yes those exist

select change_date_time, count(*) duplicates
from db_change_timestamp_table
group by change_date_time
having duplicates > 1

patrickl27083915_0-1643678477789.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I have tried repairing and it says there is nothing to repair.
2) I tried putting the catalog db file in a new blank catalog folder, but this still gives the same unique change_id error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I have tried repairing and it says there is nothing to repair.
2) I tried putting the catalog db file in a new blank catalog folder, but this still gives the same unique change_id error

By @patrickl27083915

Hi Patrick,

I am not a sql expert like you, so I have different questions about your situation.

1 - I am assuming that the old catalog is still working in the old PSE version, and that it does not need to be 'repaired'

2 - The workaround I have suggested to create a new 'light' catalog db file may work as expected except for the impossibility to be converted (same error message) ?

We don't know the real source of the error message in your case or in the other conversation. It could be a programming error in the conversion module or an unexpected external config situation (hardware or software). Such errors are not likely to be recognized by 99% of the PSE users without an explicit error message;  searching in the error log files is not common. Did you get an explicit message yourself?

Getting the attention of the Elements team requires that the bug be frequent enough and reproducible. Here it may be relatively frequent but hidden among the generic 'conversion failure' messages and anyway there is no clear suspicion between coding error or random config situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was getting the same error message. So I downloaded this SQLite browser https://sqlitebrowser.org

and edited a copy of my catalog file catlog.pse16db (you have to select (*all files) to see the file when opening it)

Once I opened my catalog file, I went to browse data and then selected the table db_change_timestamp_table.chang_id and then selected all the rows and deleted them, so the table was empty. I then saved my database file and was able to convert it in elements '22 with no errors. Just for the heck of it I also was able to have elements '18 successfully rebuild the index in my broken catalog db file. It only worked after I removed all the rows in db_change_timestamp_table.change_id.  I'm relieved I don't have to copy each individual caption and note from my previously broken old catalog to a new catalog in elements 22. Phew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*sorry I meant table db_change_timestamp_table. not ...table.change_id   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines