• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request in the organizer: A shortcut to display the image at 100% instead of fit in view.

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the first stages after a shooting session is to review the downloaded and catalogued files to cull bad shots.

- The organizer view maxed out for a single thumbnail is 'fit in view'. That's not enough to judge the sharpness of an image, especially if you don't have a hi-res display.

- The old solution was to use the 'F11' full view which works well for that task, but which requires one minute to start... I imagine the code is too old to hope for any enhancement in that feature.

- As a matter of fact, if you have both the editor and the organizer open, it's much faster to open in the editor, double click the magnifier glass for 100% view and examination.

- To be fair, it's even faster and more powerful to setup a free external viewing tool as a secondary editor for the organizer.

My request would be an option to display the 100% view from a shortcut or a button when you are in the 'fit in view' display of a single image.

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, you have 100% support from me for this feature request. 

I would add to the request by saying that, once in single image view, you should be able to zoom in and out on the image with a mouse wheel scroll.  This may not be advantageous as the Organizer is only working with smaller thumbnails????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel, you have 100% support from me for this feature request. 

I would add to the request by saying that, once in single image view, you should be able to zoom in and out on the image with a mouse wheel scroll.  This may not be advantageous as the Organizer is only working with smaller thumbnails????

By @Greg_S.

Greg,

The thumbnails are stored in the sqlite database file 'thumb5.cache' in two sizes:160 x 120 and 320 x 240 pixels. That's not enough for the single view; the cache version is replaced very fast with a better resolution one from the original, adapted to the size of the single picture display space.

Thumb5.jpg

So, it should not be a big challenge to display the full 100% version from the original file, like in the F11 full screen mode. By the way, the solution: button 'editor' followed by double clickon the magnifying glass is very fast (a few seconds) once the editor is online. Of course, for raws, there is the conversion time; that means it's more efficient to review a batch of raws directly in the ACR module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the explanation, Michel.  I've never really thought about the thumbnail vs. SIV differences.  For me, my SIV raw files appear almost instantly.  I guess it depends on computer specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines