• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Dropdown Menu Grayed Out

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a trial version of Photoshop Essentials 2020 on a MacBook Pro running macOS 10.15.4. I edited a jpg photo in camera raw. The only way I have been able to save that edited image is as a dng file (camera raw format) using the Save Image button at the bottom of my Camera Raw frame where the image is displayed. I want to save it as a jpg file, which I would assume should be possible using SAVE AS on the File dropdown menu. All options on the File dropdown menu are grayed out. Is this because I am using a trial version? Is there some other way to save my file as jpg?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the Open Image from the Camera Raw editor.  That will open the image in the regular editor.  You can then use the File>Save As command to save the file as a jpeg.Ashampoo_Snap_2020.04.12_01h40m33s_028_.png

BTW, the Photoshop Elements trial version has no limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank YOU, Greg. Very helpful. Also good to know that trial version has no limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines