• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Locations Screwed Up with Multiple External Drives

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I have a ton of photo files and instead of storing them all on my computer's hard drive, they are stored across 3 external hard drives (and there's an additional 4th external hard drive that I purchased solely as a back-up drive for all of my files for Adobe Elements Backup Catalog.  I'm on Photoshop Elements 2020.

Here's my issue.  I have an all-in-one computer and until just today, have had one heckuva time finding USB ports to plug into.  So a lot of the time, I'll have the external hard drive that I'm currently working on photos plugged into the USB port on the side of my computer that is most conveniently located.  When I have multiple external hard drives plugged in all at once, this creates an issue.  Adobe Elements Organizer doesn't recognize the external hard drives unless they were plugged into the exact location they were in when I mass uploaded the photo files to Organizer.  Today, I just got a 7-port USB hub so that I wouldn't have to worry about switching everything around all the time.  However, I'm not sure how I can get it to reconcile everything that's currently already in the Library.  There's one external hard drive that it's not currently seeing (of course the one with the most photos!).  Does anyone know how I can get it to match up the drives without having to manually move everything?  

Also, on one occasion, I was able to do a backup and all of my files at that time were saved on the fourth external hard drive. However, since that time (many months and photo files later), I have not been able to get it to successfully complete a backup (it gets stuck and then does nothing).  Does anyone have any ideas on how to get that to work as well?  

Thank you so much for any help that you can provide me with! 

Cheers,

Megan

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , How to , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Megan,

Your description does not look like you are on Windows?

When I have multiple external hard drives plugged in all at once, this creates an issue.  Adobe Elements Organizer doesn't recognize the external hard drives unless they were plugged into the exact location they were in when I mass uploaded the photo files to Organizer. 

Megan

By @mullinm2

That's not the case in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines