• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter for Star Rating Very Slow

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PSE 2020, and filtering for a star rating is running very slowly (10-15 minutes).  My catalog has about 20,000 photos, and the folder I'm in has about 4,000 photos. I optimized the catalog, increased the memory available for PSE to 98%, and reduced the history states to 25, but that didn't seem to help.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

You can also use “Find” Ctrl+F or click the Organizer search icon.

You can select star ratings on the left or a combination e.g. one star + named person or keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  Have you tried turning off some of the Media Analysis?  Auto Creations can be resource intensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop with a Core i7 processor and 12GB RAM..  My previous version, PSE 12, was running well and filtering for rating with no slowdown on this same laptop. All of the media analysis options and Auto Creations are turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried limiting the search criteria? For example searching for 2 star only rather than 2 star and higher – see image below.

2Star.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, the search I'm trying to do is = one star.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use “Find” Ctrl+F or click the Organizer search icon.

You can select star ratings on the left or a combination e.g. one star + named person or keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried those alternate search methods, and they ran much faster.  Interestingly, the original method I was using is now also running much faster.  Strange because I have been having the problem for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines