• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font file missing in upgrade to 2023 Elements...it is an OpenType file font

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open up all my business files in the new Photoshop Elements 2023, I get the missing font error message for one specific font. I am aware of the change where PostScript Type 1 fonts are no longer supported in Elements, however, the font that is missing is an OpenType file font, so I do not understand why I am getting this message. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Photoshop Elements forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font, specifically?

Is the font an Adobe (Cloud) font?  It may have become deactivated at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SS Garbanzo Font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are your fonts loaded? Does this font work in other programs? System?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fonts are loaded from my hard drive. Yes, the font works in all of my Microsoft Office programs. I bought this font in a bundle, and all of the other fonts in the bundle work in Elements expect this particular one. I am using Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lost "The Friday Stroke Regular" font. It is a .otf font. Had it in my previous version of PSE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Had it in my previous version of PSE"

That does not sound like a font supplied by Adobe in any way. In any case, fonts would be installed in your System, so that's where you should look.

If the font is available in other programs, then there is something else at play; there's no reason it shouldn't show up in Elements.

Open your Fonts folder and see if it's there. If not, re-download it from wherever you got it and reinstall it. Once you do, close and reopen Elements. (or, might need a restart)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not an Adobe font it is a free for personal use font available on a few free font websites. I have a few of them that all work well.

The font works in word and PSE 2021. I loaded a PSE doc into 2023 with the font on it and it said there was a missing font.

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled still with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I just upgraded to PSE 2023 and lost 2 fonts (that I know of): Daisy Girl and Romantic Heart. Both are paid fonts. They are Open Type and are not Postscript 1 fonts. I have reinstalled them and restarted PSE, no luck. Has anyone resolved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: Fonts are available and working fine in all other applications, just not PSE 2023. I tried the following fix that seems to work for some, but not for me. Go to > Program Files > Common Files > Adobe > Create a folder titled "Fonts" and load the missing font files in that folder > Restart computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the font MV Boli. It is a standard font that ships in Windows 11. The MV Boli font is available to use in all of my programs that use fonts EXCEPT Photoshop Elements and Acrobat Pro. It's available to use in Photoshop 2023 (v24.6). I have the most up-to-date version according to Microsoft.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines