• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Foreground stays gray no matter what I do

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PSE for decades and now I am having problems changing foreground to my chosen color, no matter which tool I am at or which color selection method I use.  It stubbornly stays gray.  The bakground stays white.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

You may be in Greyscale Color Mode, if so change to RGB Color Mode.

By the way, this is the Photoshop forum, it's best to post in the Photoshop Elements forum is that is what PSE represents:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/ct-p/ct-photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&tabid=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

@kahill1919 

I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to Photoshop Elements for you so you won't need to repost.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Yes, you are definitely in grayscale mode.  In Elements, go to Image>Mode and change the Mode to RGB Color.

In the following screenshot, you will see what happens when the change is made.  Nothing was done to change the Color picker.

Snap_2022.01.02_15h25m56s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be in Greyscale Color Mode, if so change to RGB Color Mode.

By the way, this is the Photoshop forum, it's best to post in the Photoshop Elements forum is that is what PSE represents:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/ct-p/ct-photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_repl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kahill1919 

I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to Photoshop Elements for you so you won't need to repost.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are definitely in grayscale mode.  In Elements, go to Image>Mode and change the Mode to RGB Color.

In the following screenshot, you will see what happens when the change is made.  Nothing was done to change the Color picker.

Snap_2022.01.02_15h25m56s_000.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines