• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Front is all uppercase, won't go to lower case

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2008 Nov 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just happened out of the blue this morning, was working fine last night.

The problem is that my text is stuck in upper case.

1. The caps lock key is not on
2. I am not using an all upper case text- it happens regardless of font type
3. I have tried to reset my tools and it hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

Oh and I am using PSE6.0
TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering the same problem on an iMac (using the Mac version of Elements 8, up-to-date version). I attempted the command+option+shift on open and replaced the preferences, but this didn't eliminate the problem. I also went to the link that advised inserting the install disk and selecting repair, but this is not an option; so I'm reinstalling Elements. I'll go through the updating process and see if that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem..... any solutions that work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@charlyh63658183 please describe your exact problem in more detail.  What OS and version of Elements are you using?  Has the problem only just started? 

Have you tried resetting the preferences file?  Go to the Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Snap_2023.02.16_11h47m12s_001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Elements 2024, hoping to fix a different problem I had with 2022, and have now experienced this (text getting stuck in all caps) twice. The first time I was able to reset the tool and it worked. This time I tried restarting, resetting the tool, and Resetting Preferences on Launch and nothing is working. I was hoping maybe I could at least copy text from elsewhere and paste it in as lowercase, but no luck. Help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgoot to add, I'm on a MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I forgot to mention I tried that as well without any luck (unless there's a specific time to hit that key combo? I just did it while the text tool was active). I was really hoping there might be some more up-to-date help available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to have the text selected by double clicking on the Text Layer thumbnail in the layers panel then using

Cmd Shift Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@_M_Cook_ 

Here is the fix for your stuck Caps Lock:

Mac

Command ('Apple Key') + Shift + Y

Windows :

Ctrl + Shift + Y

This will put the text back to sentence case or lower case (whatever it should be before it was being forced into all caps)

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines