• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting an error code 50 while trying to install Photoshop Elements 2020.

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to install from disc  then tried to download from Adobe site.  Keep getting failed to install error code 50.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

TOPICS
Download and install , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error code 50 while trying to install Photoshop Elements 2020. 

Would you mind checking the steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Creative Cloud.  Looked at all of the choices of Cleanup Tool.  None seemed appropriate so I hit Quit and tried again to install PE2020.  This time I got Error 46.  Restarted computer and tried again.  This time it installed.  YEA!!  Then as I was getting ready to edit some photos I got a notice to update it.  OK.. Then I got a failed to update Error 146.  Icon disappeared and when I tried to run PE2020 I got this message:

rseidler_0-1592254354706.png

Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install with a Windows Administrator account?

Did you install to the default location?

If you want to start over with the CC Cleaner tool, you need to choose 1. All at the first list of programs.  This will open up a dialog that lists Elements 2020.  It may say Photoshop Elements 18 which is the actual version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and yes.  Will thry ALL on cleaner tool and go from there.  Then may try to uninstall PE and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalled PE2020 and all was well till update.  Repeated the above cleaner tool and reinstalled.  So far so good,  Thanks. 

This is not a user friendly product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines