• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Rid of Question Marks Thumbnails EASILY in Organizer

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do many drafts of any given piece of art I make.  I send most of the drafts to the trash bin.  However, when I go into Organizer for anything, it shows empty thumbnails with a question mark on them.  I have been manually deleting them, but it is a chore.  Its there any EASY way to get rid of them?

TOPICS
How to , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

The reason you have all of those question mark thumbnails is because you are not using the Organizer as intended.  But to answer your question, select Find>Missing Files and all of the files that you have moved or deleted outside of the Organizer will be presented in the grid.  If you are satisified that you want to delete them all, press Ctrl+A to select them, then press the Delete key.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason you have all of those question mark thumbnails is because you are not using the Organizer as intended.  But to answer your question, select Find>Missing Files and all of the files that you have moved or deleted outside of the Organizer will be presented in the grid.  If you are satisified that you want to delete them all, press Ctrl+A to select them, then press the Delete key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Greg.  It worked like a charm and saved me tons of time. --Myra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if they are the edited version that I want to keep vs deleting?  I can't figure out how to save the edited version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Karen29772363c5ny, I'm not exactly sure of your question or workflow.  Please explain your question in more detail.

If you want to save a file after you edited it AND do not want to keep the original, use the File>Save command.  Make sure the Include in the Elements Organizer box is checked and click Save:

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, May 7, 2023_15h41m40s.png

When you close the edited file, you may be asked again if you want to save it and depending on your settings, you may get the following message:

Ashampoo_Snap_Sunday, May 7, 2023_15h42m48s.png

If you are sure you want to overwrite (delete) the original unedited photo, choose Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines