• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Global vs area adjustments

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Does Elements 2021 allow local area & global adjustments?
TOPICS
Actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

"Does Elements 2021 allow local area & global adjustments?"

Yes. For example, if you have a picture where you wish to blur the background, you can blur the entire picture, and then with a mask delete the blur effect on the foreground, i.e. keep it in focus.

Let us assume that you have a picture of a house with black shutters, and you wish to make them red. You can use one of the selection tools to select the shutters and alter the color & brightness & contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well, the short answer is: Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021 gives you a wide variety of tools & features that will allow you to adjust your images, whether that is wanting to adjust the whole image, or just part of the image.

But I think that what you might be really asking is, "Does Photoshop Elements allow me to carry on adjusting my images in the same way as the image editing application that I'm already using?"

In which case, the answer is "maybe" depending on which application you'll be coming from.

If you could give us a fuller explanation about the reasons why you're asking this question, then we'll be able to give you a much more precise answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I only wish to lighten a large rock in the foreground of a seascape. I’m using Apple Photos currently.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does Elements 2021 allow local area & global adjustments?"

Yes. For example, if you have a picture where you wish to blur the background, you can blur the entire picture, and then with a mask delete the blur effect on the foreground, i.e. keep it in focus.

Let us assume that you have a picture of a house with black shutters, and you wish to make them red. You can use one of the selection tools to select the shutters and alter the color & brightness & contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!😊

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines