Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU acceleration

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2024 Sep 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

"Camera Raw reguires GPU acceleration to edit photos. " This alert pops up when I open editor in Elements 2024 which I just installed. My son has helped me look at this issue remotely. He is in IT and a gamer but still not able to figure out this issue. We updated all that is suggested/available. He updated my GPU driver etc.. I have windows 11 and from the list of system reguirements my PC is compatible. I still have Elements 2023 that works but I paid for the updated verson. Absolutely no "live" person to help me in Adobe Cloud , "No available agents at this time" which I have recieved this notice several times over the course of a few days. 

Anyone else have this issue? 

Lynn

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try

6. Check and delete the TempDisableGPU3 or TempDisableGPU2 files

from this Adobe KB:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding but it did fix help the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in the Photoshop Elements Editor you go to Edit>Preferences>Performance, does it list a Dectected Graphics Processor?

If so, could post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are screen shots of other info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots aren't showing.

Use the Insert Photos button

iserphs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You video card is considered outdated (actually obsolete) and it's only 5 years old. it only has 4GB of memory which can cause problems.   

The settings Jeff asked for earlier are those from within the program:

2024-09-07_181255.png

Let me know if you do do not see your video card listed, like mine is in the screenshot above (from pse 2024)
Please go to your Nvidia Control panel and check the acceleration settings there. 

https://www.nvidia.com/content/Control-Panel-Help/vLatest/en-us/mergedProjects/nv3d/To_adjust_3D_har...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2024 Sep 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my settings. Thank you for your help! Still gets and notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still get notice of need for GPU acceleration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshots are not showing here on the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3203.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd like a screenshot of the Edit>Preferences>Preformance dialog from within the Photoshop Elements 2024 Editor as referenced by Glenn above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6678.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2024 Sep 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If in the Photoshop Elements 2024 Editor would you kindly go to Edit>Preferences>Performance and show us a screenshot of what you see?

Screenshot-(1252).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2024 Sep 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6699.jpeg

 this is the screen , I don't have what you have show me . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot is from the Photoshop Elements Organizer not the Photoshop Elements Editor.

Open a picture in the Photoshop Elements 2024 Editor and then go to Edit>Preferences>Performance.

Also no need to take a picture of the screen.

Simiply press the Windows Logo key + Print Screen (PrtSc or PrtScn) to save a screenshot to the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/windows-11/how-to-take-screenshot-on-windows-10/m-p/3760249

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_6703.jpeg

 thanks for info about screenshots I will attempt that later. This is quicker for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your advice but still

have the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 15.5 doesn't require a GPU to be used, so downgrading to that version hopefully will work.

download the Camera Raw 15.5 installer

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/photoshop/cameraraw/win/15.x/AdobeCameraRaw_x64_15_5.exe

then follow the directions in this thread after the part about downloading the latest camera raw

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/manually-install-adobe-camera-raw-acr-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am back to using Adobe Elements 2023 without problems. You think I can
get payment back for 2024? Thanks for all your help . 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines