• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green patches after using auto haze removal

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I apply auto haze removal I get lots of green patches in highlight areas. Did I set a highlight warning that I don't remember or is something else going on?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Elements has limited capacity to edit in 16 bit.  This may be one of the limitations. 
You may want to see if updating your graphics driver changes anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Hi Frans.  Unless you have a new camera that requires a later version of ACR to open raw files, there is absolutely no reason for you to update it.  I currently have Elements 14.5 installed in Elements 2021, and I expect I could update it to the latest version 15.x, using the workaround found here.

If you really need to update ACR for your camera model, let me know and I will confirm whether or not it is possible with Elements 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for the points raised in this discussion.  I will bring the issues to the attention of the Elements development team.  I would not expect the 16-bit problem to garner much attention, but the color management issue is certainly deserving of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

About the color space bug with raw files in the Elements ACR (Always sRGB even if the choice is 'optimize for prints'), I have noted something strange while working on the jpeg file submitted by @Monte307 in that discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/organizer-2023-photo-date-is-1-1-1601/...

When I open that jpeg, I get the warning dialog that the file has no embedded color space and that I have to choose according to the regular modes, optimize for print or for display. Everything works as expected.

When I try to open the jpeg directly in ACR, no warning at all and the result is always sRGB.

Maybe that could help debugging the issue?

A while ago, I had submitted the idea that the bug could have been the result of changes to enable the recent workaround to update the PSE ACR version manually, instead of waiting for an update needed both on the ACR module AND in PSE itself. If my guess was right, that would mean that the only satisfaying solution to get both the update workaroung and the choice of color space would be to include the color space choice directly into the ACR dialog, just like in Photoshop or Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines