• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have old Photoshop/Premiere Elements, options to upgrade/reinstall?

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 9 as a bundle years ago. I still have the discs with a 24 digit serial number on each. 

Now I would like to buy an upgrade to Photoshop Elements (not Premiere). Can I do that using the serial number that I got with Photoshop Elements 9 or would I need anything else?

Alternatively, maybe I could try to reinstall Photoshop and/or Premiere Elements 9 from my old disc onto a new computer (the old computer where it was installed is totally dead). But maybe the old Elements programs wouldn't function well on the new computer? Any thoughts? Thanks.

TOPICS
Download and install , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. There is no "upgrade." Each version of the program is independent. Any reference to "upgrade" is related to marketing the product. Adobe may give you a discount on the latest version as a repeat customer. Be aware that it anticipated that Adobe will have a new version of the software this Fall.

2. Try to install your old version on your new computer. It is problematic that it will function satisfactorily on a modern operating system, but you have nothing to lose. I installed PSEv.8 on Windows 10 and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines