• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having difficulty in Creating a NEW Place using the Place Tags & the MAP - PSE2021, Windows

Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PSE2021 in my Windows 10 Desktop PC. But, I am having a bit of difficulty in crearting a NEW Place. It is not behaving like it used to in much earlier versions before the MAP feature was removed.

I have checked out two ways to do this. First, using the Add Locations Icon on bottom left. I type a name and have to wait (there is NOT Search Button to click) for it to SHOW the Retrieved names. I select one and then click the "Apply" Button. It foes ADD this new location to the Photo(s) I had selected before strating this step. But, IT NEVER SHOWS ME THE MAP! See two Photos labeled Method 1 - attached.

Second, I use the Place Tags of Tags on the right side for New Place. This gives me the Search field and the Map. I type my desired Place, and click the Search button, and when I select the desired Place, it creates a LOCATION PIN with a Green Check mark and a RED Marking, along with a 2-headed CROSS icons in the location of its choice.

In the erlier versions, I was able to move this PIN to a different location if I wanted to, but in my PSE 2021, I am NOT BLE TO MOVE THIS PLACEMENT at all. I have tried all combinations of ALT, CTRL, SHIFT keys etc. while trying to move it, but it just moves the entire map!

Finally, when I click the GREEN Check mark and click the "Done" Button on botto right, the map dissapears, and the new Place is not tagged to the Photo(s)I had selected. So, I have to go back and tag the newly created Place to those Photos! See the THREE Photos I have attached here for Method 2.

I sure would appreciate your help and advice on how to do this right.

Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Actions , How to , Organizer , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Today, May 21, 2021, I worked with Adobe Support. He askmed to RESET the Settings in PSE 2021. That allowed me to MOVE the Location PIN in the MAP to any desired location on the map. But, it didn't resolve the other issues of NOT showing the Photo Counts being placed at the new location, nor it TAGGED those photos with the NEW Location. It was Praddep. He wasn't able to clearly explain the difference between the two methods - ADD LOCATION+ on the bottom of the page and the  Place Tags+ on the ri

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Did get a call from Adobe support on Thursday, May 27. he was extremely helpful and easy to work with. He explained to me that PSE 2021 does not show the number of photos tagged to a new Place Tag in the Map; we have to do that as a second step - After clicking the DONE button, manually drag the NEWLy created Location to over the Photos you wish to tag with this new loaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, May 21, 2021, I worked with Adobe Support. He askmed to RESET the Settings in PSE 2021. That allowed me to MOVE the Location PIN in the MAP to any desired location on the map. But, it didn't resolve the other issues of NOT showing the Photo Counts being placed at the new location, nor it TAGGED those photos with the NEW Location. It was Praddep. He wasn't able to clearly explain the difference between the two methods - ADD LOCATION+ on the bottom of the page and the  Place Tags+ on the right side of the page.

He told me that he will have one of his senior members call me in 24-48 hours.

I am hoping to hear from them soon; I will post anyhting new I learn after that call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to let you all know that I never got the promised call from Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did get a call from Adobe support on Thursday, May 27. he was extremely helpful and easy to work with. He explained to me that PSE 2021 does not show the number of photos tagged to a new Place Tag in the Map; we have to do that as a second step - After clicking the DONE button, manually drag the NEWLy created Location to over the Photos you wish to tag with this new loaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting all your updates and letting everyone know what a great job Adobe Support did in the end in helping you out 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines