• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Needed Exporting Actions to Elements

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to Photoshop and LR, but sometimes I like to do some quick editing in Elements 2020. I'd like to use a short type action I created in Photoshop in Elements, but I can't find it in order to copy it in the proper Elements folder. I've Googled for help, and the directory where it's supposed to be doesn't contain it, and a Windows file search of my whole system doesn't locate it either. It shows up without fail on the Actions list, so I'm wondering if it's encrypted somehow or stored in the cloud.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Photoshop Elements forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use actions very often, but I see that one non-Elements action I probably downloaded as a freebie is stored in my Creative Cloud account.  Have you looked there?

Also, note that any action you create in Photoshop or Lr must have an equivalent command available in Elements.  Otherwise, the action will not work properly.

If you need more help from Photoshop CC experts, you should post in the Photoshop Ecosystem forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Greg.

I thought that you had something there with the Cloud idea, but what I found was a couple hundred old RAWs I didn't even know about. (I've never intentionally stored anything in Adobe's Cloud.) I deleted them and looked around in the other directories there, but there was nothing else.

I'm aware of the Action compatibility necessity. All I'm trying to do is create a little text that I can call up with an Action. No tricky commands required.

This post started in the Ecosystem forum but the mod promptly moved it over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic PS actions are usually found here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Presets\Actions

To the best of my knowledge you can't create actions in PSE, you can delete them.  You can create actions in PS, and save them-- then load them into PSE or just put them here:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\20.0\Presets\Actions

What Greg said oabout actions is true: Unless PSE has the equivalent ability some PS actions will just "kinda sorta work" in PSE. 

The file extension for actions is ATN- if you search for files with that extension, and don't find any:   You may have your computer set up to hide system files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Glenn.

I'd unhid hidden folders following earlier advice and did the file search thing for what I titled my actions and then again using just "atn" on the terrabytes of this system's storage, and while many turned up, the ones I created weren't among them.

I'm must be missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you put your actions into

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\18.0\Presets\Actions

(/Users/UserName/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop Elements 18/Presets/Actions

on the mac side)

The AppData is hidden on windows

https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/articles/209070509-How-to-access-hidden-folders

they can be loaded from the actions panel flyout menu

act.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info, Jeff. I'd done all of that following earlier advice, but I still can't locate the rascals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save out the action set from within photoshop?

Screenshot-(808).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I did it quite that way, but they do appear when I fire up Photoshop, which tells me they're SOMEwhere. I'll have a look at what you suggest and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you record an action in photoshop and don't save it out to your drive, then the actions stay in the

Actions Palette.psp

in

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Adobe Photoshop 2022 Settings

(substitute 2022 for your photoshop version if necessary)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines