• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hesitant it buying Photoshop Elements and Premier.

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 70 years old and retired. I had a subscription with Photoshop Elements and Premier in 2016.  I thought it was a lifetime membership and now I think that I need to upgrade with the new cost.  Last time I used it was to make a video in 2016.  I enjoy fixing up old and new photos as a hobby for me and my family.  I just bought a new MacPro Tablet, and I still have not used it.  I need advice of what to buy, how to use it on my adroid galaxy S21 mobile phone, MacBook Air, and Ipad Pro Tablet. Would like some friendly direction for this U.S. Navy 100% disabled veteran who is 70 years old, retired and in need of photographic hobby.  Thank you. Felix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop elements and premiere elements are pertual licenses, not subscriptions.

your new operating system is not compatible older elements programs so you need to buy current elements programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for enlighten me on this information. It's not a one time membership, it's perpetual yearly licenses.  Thank you, Felix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, Photoshop elements is not a "yearly liscense", you buy it, done. 

Photoshop is a yearly liscense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to be clear.  A perpetual license means that you can use it as long as your computer and OS will support it.  There will be no major updates to the program. 

Unfortunately, over the past couple of years, Apple has been changing the Mac OS regularly and each time it does so, it causes problems for Elements users, since Apple apparently does not care about legacy program compatibility - even for programs that it sells in the Apple Store.  So when a future change is made to the Mac OS, do not immediately upgrade it on your computer until you are satisfied that your existing programs will work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines