• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hiding or eliminating photos

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 13.1. I have created an album and dragged six photos into the album from the Media display of all of my photos. How do I hide them in the Media display without losing them from the album? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 13.1. I have created an album and dragged six photos into the album from the Media display of all of my photos. How do I hide them in the Media display without losing them from the album? 

By @charlesf56075511

Charles,

Why don't you use simple keywords instead of albums?

You assign a common keyword and you can use selection instead of hiding. When you select your files, choose the option to 'hide results that don't match'. Look at the top bar, on the right, you have 'options' and 'clear'.

An album is just a list of selected items, possibly in a custom order. It's another way to select items. If files are visible in an album, they are visible outside of the 'album' view and reciprocally.

Alternatively, use the search by detail, with the 'album' criteria : album includes [album name] and use the options as above to 'hide results that don't match'.

After selecting your album, look at the 'options'

An album is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not entirely clear what your purpose in hiding the photos is.  If you truly want to make the photos invisible while browsing your catalog, you can select all the photos in the album and then use the Edit>Visibility>Mark as Hidden menu choice (or press Alt+F2) to hide the photos.  If you then select the Album, the photos will not appear until you make a choice from the View>Hidden Files menu.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.05.18_17h55m25s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines