• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hourglass images

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of my images display as hour glasses no matter what I do. I'm using PS Elements 15 on a Windows 10 computer. Has anyone cracked the code?

[Moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Images showing hourglass means their thumbnail generation is still in progress. As an alternative, you can select the image with hourglass, right click on it and select Update Thumbnail. This would update its thumbnail.

Please try this and mention if works for you.

Thanks,

Arshla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works. Thank you...

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have the same problem. The computer spends a while thinking about it, displays a ? for a bit and then still doesn't show the thumbnails. Any ideas? The programme doesn't suit my needs if it can't even display the photos. I haven't undertaken any changes so I don't know why this has started happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultajlwgknmv27q, you have posted in an old thread.  What version of Elements are you using?  And what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didn't work for me, and neither did renaming the catalogue's cache. I made a new catalogue in the end and binned the old one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines