Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I crop a .pdf document?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have windows, there is an "Accessory" called the "Snipping Tool".  It allows you to make a cutout of anything on your screen and save it as a .jpg.  I don't know how good the resolution is, but with a .pdf, it may not matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2013 Jun 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean I have to copy the document out of Adobe Reader onto a Word page and then use the “snipping tool”? I’ve never seen this tool on the Windows Word page but I’ll keep looking.

Thanks,

Nicoseeya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just "cut out" a part? Assuming you've imported the PDF document in particular, just click the Crop Tool, add a cropping border, adjust it as necessary and click the commit checkmark (or press Enter).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, but on the Adobe Reader screen there is no Crop Tool, so I can’t do what’s suggested. Any other ideas?

Nicoseeya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggestion about the "Crop Tool" is because you are in a forum about Photoshop Elements.  So, it was assumed you were using Photoshop Elements with the crop tool on a .pdf

The Snipping Tool is part of your Windows operating system.  It will capture a .jpg from anything you can get to display on your screen.  That is why I suggested it.

The snipping tool is not part of Photoshop Elements or Adobe Reader.

This training video may help:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUGbyXb8XQ  Searching YouTube for "Snipping Tool" will get you more demo videos on how to use it.

Good luck.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to "tools"
  2. Choose "select & zoom"
  3. Choose "snapshot tool"
  4. Drag and highlight the are you want to crop
  5. Place your mouse over the area you just highlighted and right-click
  6. Choose print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know which version of Windows that you are using, but in Windows 7 you can create a link to the tool on the taskbar.

In Windows, go to All programs>Accessories. Scroll down to Snipping tool. Right click and then click on pin to taskbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines