• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I pay to use PSE 2020 without having to upgrade to 2021?

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully installed and been using PSE 2020 for a year and now I find I can't get Adobe support because it was over a year ago that the license (or whatever it's called) started. I don't mind paying to continue to use 2020 BUT I don't want to upgrade to 2021 for a while because I have made my peace with 2020, invested time and $ learning how to use it, etc. But I can't seem to get to a screen where I can pay to continue to use what I have already installed without downloading PSE 2021. What can I do to avoid installing the new version?

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

What makes you think you have to pay to use PSE2020?  It's a perpetual license, as you can see when you use the menu Help >> system info:  scroll down until you see: 'license type: Perpetual".

You don't have to upgrade to the new version if you don't want to. Most Elements users don't upgrade every year.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Who says that you have to pay to utilize the software that is installed on your computer? The license which you purchased is not time limited. Adobe may not "support" this version (2020) any longer, but it should still function.

Do you get any error messages or prompts?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think you have to pay to use PSE2020?  It's a perpetual license, as you can see when you use the menu Help >> system info:  scroll down until you see: 'license type: Perpetual".

You don't have to upgrade to the new version if you don't want to. Most Elements users don't upgrade every year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I thought I had to pay to get support, which I don't mind doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who says that you have to pay to utilize the software that is installed on your computer? The license which you purchased is not time limited. Adobe may not "support" this version (2020) any longer, but it should still function.

Do you get any error messages or prompts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly an error message, but when I try to contact support through the "Assistant" I get a message saying I don't have any "supported products." I assumed this meant because I hadn't paid something to keep it current. I am very relieved to know I can stick with the 2020 version! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines